Tuesday, March 15, 2016

IT'S PEEP TIME!





It's that time of year again.  Peeps in boxes in all colors at the stores.  Sweetie picked up some for me to use in my watercolor class Tuesday so we could set up our own compositions and paint peeps :)  They are so bright and colorful and fun to paint.







I set up some models and took some photos of my own before the students arrived Tuesday morning and then had them set up their own compositions on white paper, choosing what colors and types (chicks or bunnies) they wanted.



If you want to see previous paintings of peeps I've done in past springs, just type in "peep" in the search bar (top left) of the blog and they should all come up.  









6 comments:

Sadami said...

Rhonda, they are sooo cute like you! Cheers, Sadami

Dolores said...

I love, love, love peeps and had my husband get some up for me this weekend. Nice to know I'm not the only one that: A. loves peeps and B. has someone willing to pick them up. I don't paint them - I just eat them.

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda what fun subjects to paint. Such delightful colors too. Hope you have a super day. Hugs!

Jennifer Rose said...

I need to find a place to order Peeps now :p

Alice Jo Webb said...

Who would think of peeps as painting subjects?? I looked, and sure enough, paintings of peeps right here! Totally whimsical and fun. You made me grin, Rhonda.

RH Carpenter said...

Glad you all enjoyed the peep photos and set-ups :)