Tuesday, February 17, 2015

FEBRUARY



What I got for Valentine's Day (plus chocolates and two cards and a slice of peanut butter pie - YUM - from my Sweetie!).  

I had to put the flowers in another vase because this one, although cute with the candies around the center, had a very small area for the water in the center of the vase, and they were drooping a lot - needed more water.  So put them in the blue vase I got from my sister last month.  








What we got for Presidents' Day:
snow and more snow and cold.  But a lot of birds as soon as I filled the feeders and threw seed on the table.  

Why do Cardinals always look so red in the snow?  There must have been a dozen out there at one time.

















We keep a heater in the birdbath, so it stays unfrozen no matter how cold it gets.  The water attracts every bird in the area who needs a quick drink or a little dunk to wash off the feathers.

There are twice as many males as females in the Cardinal group we have here, but this couple seemed to stay together, all puffed up against the cold but well fed.

Enjoy!  And stay safe and warm.


6 comments:

Lorraine Brown said...

Looks like you were spoilt for Valentines Day Rhonda, we don't have cardinals here which is a shame they look like a pretty little bird

Sadami said...

Hi, Rhonda, take care not to catch a cold!
Cheers, Sadami

Autumn Leaves said...

Lovely valentine bouquet! Love that there seems to be 3 complete couples on the table with the birdseed. Cardinals are just so beautiful!

E.M. Corsa said...

While I love your Valentine flowers, your Presidents Day gifts take my breath away!!!

Linda said...

Take care of yourself. I absolutely love this post, just gorgeous. :)

RH Carpenter said...

I was spoiled, Lorraine :) My Sweetie is very good to me. I do like the bright red cardinals - they show up against the white snow like little stop signs :)

I'm being good, Sadami, but more snow and cold coming our way - brrrr!

Sherry, thanks, yes, there are several couples of the cardinals and then some extra males - perhaps bachelors who are sons of the couples?

EM, yes, the birds are a gift every day and they are busy eating to fill up for these cold cold nights.

Thanks, Linda, for taking the time to stop by and comment. Glad you enjoyed the photos.