Monday, December 15, 2014

THE BEST LAID PLANS

Well, I had planned to take time off from things to work on the large drawing project.  I did get a little bit more done on the 2nd drawing of the entire piece.


So instead of working on the 2nd-5th bits, I picked up a rotten cold that lasted 2 weeks - in fact, it's still here causing some coughing fits at night, going on 3 weeks!  
So the best laid plans...

We did get away - a little escape - to Florida.  A 2-week escape walking the beach and watching shorebirds.  My cold made that a little less fun but it was still 30 degrees warmer there than here at home.  And I did get some photos - of course!  

So photos to share later...

Hope you have been having a very good, very healthy, very happy two weeks I've been "gone" from the blog!!  

Come back later and see some vacation snaps and a few little paintings I managed to do in my Stillman & Birn watercolor journal :)




8 comments:

debwardart said...

Welcome home! Sorry about the cold but glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

These are amazing in their 3D aspect. wow! can't wait to see the project finished. hope your cough goes away soon.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb. I guess it will go away some day!

Rachel, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and comment. I really love your watercolor tree on the first post in your blog and your beading is so intricate and beautiful!

Ginny Stiles said...

Oh Gosh so sorry about a two week cold.
I've had a sinus infection for about a week and am hoping that I can knock it out by next weekend when we leave FL to head to SC to spend Christmas with my sister's family! (MY little sister was born in July).
Story you told reminds me when one of my grandsons was born and I was babysitting the older one while mom and dad were at the hospital. He was about 3. When they brought him home he said "Where's HIS mom?" Hahahaha. They are 18 and 16 now.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Rhonda,
Welcome back and get well soon...and that's an order.
I'll be back to see your Florida photos and see if you've followed orders. :)
Sincerely,
Gary.

Autumn Leaves said...

Is this bone you are working on, Rhonda? At first I thought it was flower but something you said last time you posted this in-progress...It is coming along beautifully!

Carol Flatt said...

Sorry to hear that a cold got to you on your trip, but glad it's on the way out! So happy you managed to get in some painting and look forward to seeing them as well as photos from your trip!

RH Carpenter said...

Ginny, cute story - yep, kids don't get relationships, do they - not until later and then extended families can give us all fits trying to keep track!

Gary, yes sir! I hope my "whatever it is" goes away now that you've given the order :) Sweetie first saw the Weeki Wachee mermaids when he was 15 and, I'm sure, has had visions of a mermaid for his own ever since! ha ha

Sherry, it is the vertebrae of the brittle star - so, yes, it's the inner structure which is calcium carbonate (although they don't call it bone for some reason - looks like bone to me!)

Thanks, Carol. The paintings are not much but they were something I accomplished after the worst of the cold ran its course. This is a stubborn thing, still hanging on after 2 1/2 weeks!!! UGH!