Sunday, September 7, 2014

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BLUES


Before I began playing and studying the Jean Haines book and way of painting, I had this drawn on a full sheet of 300# cold press paper,  I wet the background area and put in dark blue, creating the swirls by letting it dry a bit and then swirling into it with a damp brush.



I then started choosing the blue pigments I'll use in this one (nothing but blues, even if they are greyed blues).  The main thing is to MAINTAIN THE WHITES!!!


More to come later as I work on this a little at a time (or a lot at a time, since it's a full sheet (22 x 30 inches).


7 comments:

Maggie Latham said...

Looks interesting already, Rhonda.

Vandy said...

Loving those blues. It's more and more my favourite colour.

Autumn Leaves said...

This is looking amazing, Rhonda!! Great big beautiful start!

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - my favorite color and I know this will be lovely...can't wait to see it complete. Enjoy this lovely fall feeling weather. It is just gorgeous here today and I hope it is for you as well.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Maggie, Vandy, Sherry and Debbie! I do love all blues and wanted to try to play with just blue hues on this one - plus do wet-in-wet on a full sheet.

debwardart said...

You and the blue! Will look forward to seeing this one come together.

RH Carpenter said...

Yep, I do love all the blues - perhaps I was a mermaid in another life? haha