Tuesday, June 10, 2014

YOUNG ARTIST NO. 1


Monday was art day here at my house with Alaina (youngest granddaughter) spending the day creatively.  We even went to Michael's to get a nice watercolor journal and some frames for the 2 paintings she completed during the day.  



The first painting was for Father's Day and included words in the final painting.

The second painting was a peacock with a very neat technique because the markers we used were not waterproof (I am definitely going to try that with something I do in the future because it was pretty cool and no painting - just a spritz of water over the markers and you get instant watercolor!).  Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of that one.  She was going to give it to her Mom and had a place picked out to hang it in the livingroom because she "wants everyone to see it!" 


Today = watercolor class and I had 4 students.

Tomorrow = another Young Artist day with the oldest granddaughter :) 



3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the idea of spritzing marker work to get a watercolor effect. I'll bet that would awesome on Yupo or Masa paper too. Looks like you two had a great time!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

How lucky that you get to spend time with your granddaughters painting. This will be time they will always remember. And you may be inspiring the next generation of artists.

RH Carpenter said...

Sherry, I think it would work on both but YUPO might just have the water sit on top of the plastic - Masa paper would work, I think. It was a fun day.

Carol, I don't spend as much time as I should but when we get together, we try to do something creative and fun. Alaina is very creative.