Saturday, March 8, 2014

DEREK JONES: CHARCOAL AND GESSO ON MI TIENTES PASTEL PAPER



Yesterday I got out on a beautiful sunny day (our 3rd in a row!!), ran some errands and picked up the Derek Jones' artwork I had matted and framed at Bowman's Framing.  Ken always does a good job and I think it looks great.


It was "glued" onto the matboard in order to show the ragged edge of the paper Derek worked on (I think it is Mi Tientes pastel paper in a beige-y color.  







The frame works well with the textured look of the piece as it's a bit rough and textured, too.


I'm pleased with the artwork and the way it looks now it's in its new home :)  It is now hanging in my dining/kitchen area and I'll enjoy it for years to come.









Thanks, Derek, for all your beautiful artwork - and for making this beauty so affordable!




5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It looks awesome, Rhonda!

Unknown said...

I like the textured look that Derek Jones gives his work too. Looks great

Caroline Simmill said...

How lovely, Rhonda.

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful painting from Derek Jones! You are very lucky!

RH Carpenter said...

It's a beautiful piece and his prices are so reasonable I couldn't resist :) It looks great on the wall.