Friday, February 21, 2014

A LOVELY WORK OF ART ARRIVED FROM THE UK

Last week, I received a lovely work of art - charcoal and gesso on pastel paper - from Derek Jones.  It arrived quickly from the UK (Scotland) and it's even more beautiful in person than my photo shows.  But it's going to look wonderful in my dining area (with the yellow walls).  I'll try to get out to the framer soon and choose something appropriate for it.  




Thanks so much, Derek!  I do love your work and am glad I could purchase this one (for myself for my birthday).

If you want to see more of Derek's work, just go to his blog here.  Very affordable beauty for your home!




8 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA ...enjoy your new work of art ...I very much admire Derek's artwork .

suzanneberry said...

beautiful work and such a lovely gift for a lovely person! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Jane and Suz - it is beautiful and I love that I gave myself a present I really wanted :) Although my other presents from family were pretty great, too!

Autumn Leaves said...

Lovely palette!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - Happy belated birthday. Such a lovely gift to give yourself. I can imagine how beautiful it will be with your yellow walls. Thanks for sharing - have a great week-end.

RH Carpenter said...

It is very nice, Sherry. I really like all his work.

Debbie, thanks :) I'll share again when I get it framed and settled back home.

laura said...

It's really gorgeous, so pleasing to look at. Is it pencil and watercolor wash?
Simple still lifes are the most appealing to me.
A present for you, and for Derek!
(Wasn't Monet's dining room yellow?)

RH Carpenter said...

Laura, it's charcoal and perhaps some white pastel on gessoed mi-tientes paper = gorgeous texture in it. I have it the framers now, waiting to pick it up and hang it on my wall.