Tuesday, November 19, 2013

PERSPECTIVELY SPEAKING


Our homework for Natasha's drawing class was to draw 3 street scenes using perspective rules only - not drawing from life.  Each building had to have at least 2 windows.  This is very simplified, following a one point perspective with a centered vanishing point.  My eye level would be slightly above the buildings since I can see a bit of the tops.  

I have to do 2 more - one with my eyesight low and one with my eyesight in the middle of the scene.  Plus find a photo of the street scene and then trace it (to see how photos distort perspective lines).




5 comments:

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

I like your one point perspective buildings. Soon you'll be doing city scenes. :)

RH Carpenter said...

LOL!! I will never be doing city scenes, Carol, but thanks for the confidence builder :)

debwardart said...

Oh yes, now I remember! Grrr - yours is good!

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a wonderful job, Rhonda!!! 2 and 3 point perspective will be next, I suspect!

RH Carpenter said...

LOL, Deb :)

Sherry, thanks. I think we were doing 2- and 3-point perspective the first day!!! Thrown into the deep end and told to swim :) I may just learn this - or at least have a good foundation and understand more after the 1st or 2nd 6-week classes :)