Thursday, November 28, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING



As a child in school, did you ever use your handprint to make turkeys - and then hang them around the classroom or take them home, proudly displaying your own personalized artwork?  I can remember doing that.  That's how this little turkey began...I just painted up my hand and then printed it on the watercolor paper and went from there.  


I think he's quite handsome and, of course, he is a wild turkey and has escaped Thanksgiving dinner here in the US!

Hope you all have arrived safely at your destinations, and will enjoy your time with family and friends for this Thanksgiving holiday.  Have a safe and happy weekend, too.  (I do have a painting started - not of a turkey but another kind of bird - that will be shared soon.)


6 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

:D happy thanks giving to you and your family rhonda !

Autumn Leaves said...

I so remember doing these types of turkeys. What a lovely memory you've shared! Now I get to see these from my grandkids.

Katherine Harra said...

Rhonda, the turkey (and the memory too) is too funny and too much fun for words. So glad you shared!

AK said...

Love it Rhonda.

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Your turkey is absolutely the cutest - thanks for reminding me of painting my hand and making a Gobble gobbler! Take care and have a great week-end.

RH Carpenter said...

Glad you all enjoyed the simple little turkey - if you've never done it, try it - or tell your kids or grandkids :) Fun and easy!