Monday, October 14, 2013

TEXTURED PAINTING ON YUPO


I worked on the YUPO painting a bit more and I think it looks better.

I think the students in my class want to paint this on regular watercolor paper next.  Then we might try out Tyvek, that interesting substrate that Myrna Wacknov uses all the time.









I did begin a drawing on tracing paper of the next acrylic ink + watercolor subject.  
This time I'll go slower, be more careful with the drawing on the watercolor paper, and take more time applying the masking fluid.  Different colors and a horizontal format for this one.

It's from a photo taken in Florida a few year's ago of hanging pitcher plants.  More drawing will be done before I begin the tracing onto watercolor paper.

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Wow, Rhonda, your posts always fascinate and teach me lot! Thank you!!
Cheers, Sadami

Autumn Leaves said...

That old bucket is fabulously interesting!!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sadami and Sherry :)

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - how interesting about the texture. Yupo paper is so slippery but you really got that blue bucket looking like it is textured all over. So pretty. Thanks for sharing - you are always so generous in showing your experiments and work. Like Sadami - I always learn something new when I visit.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Debbie :)