Thursday, May 30, 2013

STRATHMORE ONLINE


The next to the last lesson and video for the Strathmore Online Workshop (that is now finished, I think, having gone for 4 weeks), was to draw, on toned paper, the male figure.  

This is what I came up with after watching the video and copying (somewhat) his version.  Mine looks a bit thin - perhaps he needs a hamburger?  The darks could be darker, too (looks like the photo is a bit blurred but that's just the fault of the photographer).

The next (and last) lesson and video is a female figure and I'll do that after I get a handle on these paintings I'm still working on.  (I actually have one full sheet done and another half sheet almost done and I have 2 more days before the deadline for entry.)

On another note, are you watching the French Open at Roland Garros?  Is your favorite tennis player still in the game and winning?  So far, so good, for Roger Federer and David Ferrer and I've enjoyed seeing Gael Monfils and his exuberant play.  I wonder if watching tennis is boring unless you played - like me with golf?

4 comments:

Lorraine Brown said...

A nice drawing Rhonda,you must be under some time pressure with so much to complete on time, best wishes

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Lorraine. Everything is coming along well :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Wonderful work, Rhonda. I so admire your doing all the exercises in each thing you undertake.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sherry. Now that you've said that, I have to do the final one - which I've been putting off until I have more time! ha ha