Friday, October 19, 2012

HOT PEPPER GIRLS


Tuesday's class was all about still working on the pepper paintings we'd begun the previous meeting.  Here are the 3 girls working on their peppers (one was missing due to some travel plans).

Yesterday, Deb and Sharon drove over from Indiana.  We met, had lunch at SmashBurger and then I drove to NKU so we all could tour the Paul Sawyier watercolor exhibition at the library.  They were amazed and thrilled to see such mastery - and so many paintings.  They, too, had never heard of Paul Sawyier.  I guess he wasn't a good publicity hound for himself during his lifetime, preferring to just paint and sell as he could. 



Anyway, it was another gorgeous fall day after a windy and stormy night.  Sun through the golden and red leaves is just dazzling right now!







6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda I bet you are a wonderful teacher - looks like it from what I can see of the pepper girls. Lovely photos of fall too - hasn't it been an absolutely gorgeous autumn in Ohio this year? Thanks for showing your class - have a wonderful week-end.

Studio at the Farm said...

Thank you, Rhonda. I had not heard of Paul Sawyier. I just googled his art, and love it.

Anonymous said...

Your class looks like they are doing a great job on those peppers. And your landscape with all the fall foliage is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, I love seeing photos of people having fun painting together...so uplifting.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Debbie, Kathryn (glad you looked at more of his work = stunning!), Carol and Maggie! I asked them if they were having fun = yes. I asked them if they were learning = yes. That's my goal!

Autumn Leaves said...

I can tell that you were heading into Kentucky or Tennessee by the photos. The hills and mountains are gorgeous down there.