Thursday, October 25, 2012

CHRISTOPHER LEEPER WORKSHOP


The Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society (GCWS) is hosting the Christopher Leeper watercolor workshop this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I'll be learning from Chris, along with 19 other members, each day.  He's a wonderful landscape artist and I hope to learn some good things to help me with watercolor landscapes.  Since it's not my area at all, I hope to soak up as much as I can.

As the Program Chair for the GCWS, I contacted Chris and then made all the arrangements for the workshop (a big job for a first time workshop organizer).  I'm hoping it's a great learning experience for the 20 members who are in the workshop this weekend.  The workshop is filled but Chris has agreed to return in April for an encore workshop.  GCWS members get first choice to be in that one, but then we'll open it to the public (if there is room).

 
I'll take photos each day and should have some to share.  I have a lot more to do to get ready, including buying the coffee, filters, cups, etc. and stopping to buy pastries each morning.  I hope the group appreciates the work done to make this happen. 

This is the first workshop the GCWS has hosted in its 10-year history. 



Painting = Bridge Shadows by Christopher Leeper



8 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Well Rhonda, that sounds interesting and I will be waiting anxiously to see your post about what you've learned. He looks like an awesome painter. Have a blast!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - I am familiar with Christopher Leeper's work - what a treat. Bet you can't wait for your workshop. Hope you have fun.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy yourself. All the hard work getting things together will be well worth it I'm sure.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Best of luck with this workshop, Rhonda. I am looking forward to seeing your daily post about it. Have fun!

Autumn Leaves said...

His painting is magical! Wish I could find such things around here. I just don't know where/how to look. I do make the attempt to look online occasionally but just am not so successful. Sigh...

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

If this painting is a sample of his mastery, you are in for an invaluable workshop. I hope you can relax from you organizer role long enough to slip into your workshopper role.

Anonymous said...

What Fun! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear about the workshop.

renate said...

I'm sure everyone apreciate your work. The painting is beautiful. I can't wait to see your work. Have lots of fun:)