Saturday, June 4, 2011

A FEW OLD CROWS SHOW UP AT MY DOOR

My online SWAP group is ending with this final SWAP for the month.  I hope all goes well and we all enjoy the final SWAP.  It's time to move on and I'm glad I can do that and not feel too guilty about ending the group - and hope someone may step up and take the reins of a new group on Yahoo :)

So the names are matched up and the paintings are to be mailed out by the 13th of the month.  So imagine my surprise when I got what was obviously a painting from Barbara Sailor in the mail Thursday!!!


It's a painting called Several Old Crows which she featured on her blog recently - and it was painted for me as a thank you for leading the SWAP group for 8 years :)
(How did Barb know I liked crows and old rusty things?? ha ha)



And she sent a lovely card along with the painting - one of her paintings called School's Out. 




If you haven't checked out her blog, do so - you'll learn a lot and see a lot of great artwork there!

Thank you so much, Barb, for your generosity :)




I have been watching The French Open tennis event and was soooo happy when Roger Federer beat Djokovic :)  Don't count Roger out yet, people, he's only 29 and still amazing!  And today my favorite female player, Francesca Schiavone (!!!) plays and I know it will be another amazing match.  She won the French Open last year and I hope she makes it a repeat - she's so fun to watch.

5 comments:

AK said...

Both the works are amazing.

debwardart said...

The painting is perfect for you! I'm sure your group will miss you. (ps - tell Jerry I can't wait to see the blue footed boobies - or is that me in navy blue shoes, ha ha).

Jane said...

How lucky are you ?! Two great paintings from Barb. When I saw her painting with the old rusty car and the crows, I actually thought of you! Who knows why? :-))
Have a nice Sunday.

Barb Sailor said...

Rhonda,
Thanks for posting this on your blog and again "Thank You" for the SWAP group...it has been a blast!
Barb

RH Carpenter said...

Asit and Deb: Barb is a wonderful artist and teacher and I wish our watercolor society could get her down for a demo day for us sometime! Blue-footed boobies coming up soon, Deb :)

Jane, I had that feeling when I saw them on her blog, too! ha ha

You are welcome, Barb, and thanks again for the surprise present!! And thanks for being such a great member of SWAP :)