Saturday, February 26, 2011

CAROL CARTER'S BOOK AND SHOW: THE ITALIAN SUITE

One of my all time favorite painters, Carol Carter, is having her one woman show, The Italian Suite, at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts in Mount Vernon, Illinois.  I've been there before, to view a group show that featured several of Carol's watercolor figures.  I couldn't attend the opening night this past Friday due to other plans early Saturday morning, but will definitely go later this spring to visit this show of 80 acrylic paintings showcasing Italy.  Until then, I ordered the book on Blurb.  It came Friday morning.  And it is beautiful!  (I have been very impressed with the Blurb books I've purchased so far.)




If you are near Cedarhurst and Mount Vernon, Illinois, stop in and view these paintings.  Schedule an hour or more to really take them in.  Take your time.  Walk the grounds.  There is a lot to see and enjoy there. 

No comments: