Friday, December 31, 2010

YELLOWSTONE RAVENS

Since I rushed the drawing just to have something to do, I created something that just wasn't working in format.  So I tossed that out and started over with a more horizontal format.  Put the lines on first, then put the ravens down, placing them how I thought they might look best (I drew them on tracing paper individually, and then traced them where I wanted them on the watercolor paper). 


Then I put miskit (Pebeo's Drawing Gum) over the lines that will remain white and while that dried a bit, I went back to the River Rocks painting and twiddled with that a while.  (This painting on Cresent Board, bows when wet and you have to let it sit and dry completely before it shapes up again so it's a time consuming process but I'll just fiddle with it in between other things so I don't overdo it.)

3 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Rhonda,River Rocks is coming along very well! I like it! You will find so many creative ways to use those stencils.
I always admire the efficient way that you use your time.
Thank you for the last year of great postings, great insights and of just being you! Happy 2011, my dear blogging friend.

Unknown said...

Interesting process.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Christiane. Slowly but surely with that one, it won't be rushed if it's to be done well. I'm very happy to have found your work in the blogging world, too.

Tim, thanks. I have been admiring your work and envy your studies and all you're learning.