This was done in fluid acrylics at one of Deb Ward's weekend workshops months ago. I got so far and then didn't think it was finished but didn't know what to do.
The other day, after chatting via email to an artist friend who has ideas about art I'd never have in my midwest traditional thought processes, I went down to my art room and took this one back out and knew what to do. I covered the lock completely with masking fluid and then pinned it to my corkboard and had fun wetting and drizzling and spraying the colors to make the wooden boards in back of the lock. It needs some minor touch-up now but I feel it's more finished. And pushing that wood back with more muted colors and layers made it pop even more.