With Sandy's eyes on me, I felt more able to step back and look and wait for this painting to evolve into what I thought it could be. Thanks, Sandy, for your extra eyes, your magic mirror, and your good input always :)
And then I took out a 1/2 sheet of yupo that had been painted on and washed off (since I had actually sealed this, I used alcohol to get off more and leave some texture to begin). So it was all about pulling out the toys to texture this sheet with no mind to what it might be later. And it was fun. Sandy had some great stamps she let me use and that did the trick in several places. I used China Markers (grease pencils), loose charcoal, watercolors in transparent and opaque colors, lots of stamps and things to make texture and got this, which I like.
Here are some close-ups of the textured bits here and there throughout the painting.
Now it's just a matter of bringing out what is already there...seeing it and working it to the surface...wish me luck!