Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A FEW JULY SKETCHES

Still working with my little group of artist friends (there are only 4 of us) who challenged each other to do some sketches of our surroundings this month. The month is coming to a close so I did a few of these while waiting for paint to dry.










Jerry's glasses on the table by the phone.





And then a little green sea turtle done in a way to possibly make a print someday.
































And then a few little milagros for hearts and eyes...and another little turtle. These weren't things around in my surroundings but just things I was thinking about at the time.











Margaret Ann at waterblossoms had done a couple of these little heart milagros and, since I was in a heart mode last month and didn't complete what I started, I thought these would be easier and faster than doing a real heart - plus you can color these and keep them in your pocket as a charm against heart problems of all kinds :)
Now I'm going to watch my Carla O'Connor DVD again to check some of her techniques again...and then I'm going to get back to painting what I have in the works. Will have something to share later today or tomorrow so stay tuned.




2 comments:

debwardart said...

Hi Rhonda - am loving the prints you did, and your magnolia is GREAT! Just catching up after my big weekend, and catching a cold (drat!)

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb :) I'm thinking the magnolia should be darker in the bg than I have it now - will post that later to see. Sorry you are catching a cold!!! But hope the workshop went really well - will we be seeing some photos of the work soon? hint hint