Sunday, July 5, 2009

A FEW BUTTERFLIES


From the Butterfly House in St. Louis...

















I was going to identify each butterfly, based on the brochure we were given at the Butterfly House. Unfortunately, only 2 of the many photos I took are of anything even resembling what is shown in the brochure.


Your guess is as good as mine!














































The Paper Kite










Nothing common at all about this Common Blue Morpho, unless you only see it with its wings closed and then you don't even get a hint of the beautiful blue coloring inside!


7 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Great photography - must have a stunningly expensive camera!! Selecting any of them would make a great watercolour series. Go on, go for it!!

RH Carpenter said...

Joan, I had to laugh about the expensive camera - I have a FujiFilm 500 point and shoot that we bought online for...wait for it...$79!! It's been a fantastic camera and it has 2 macro settings for closeups. Maybe starting on the butterflies would get me going with the paints again...

MB Shaw said...

Super photos......the Butterfly House is about 5 miles from where I live :-) Hope you enjoyed your visit.
And thanks for stopping by my blog.

Angela said...

Beautiful! This must be a great place to visit!

RH Carpenter said...

MB, this must be a great place to go just for inspiration. Do you go to the Botanical Garden? It's gorgeous!!!
Angela, thanks, they were lovely, flitting around in the air and dancing over your shoulders and around (didn't get any to light on me but then that wasn't the goal - can't take a good photo if one is right on my shoulder :)
We really enjoyed our visit here and would return again.

Aarti Harish said...

Wow...wonderful photography...inspires me to pick up my paintbrush and watercolor...

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Aarti. I enjoyed seeing your SP on David's blog!