Saturday, July 12, 2008

Watch Your Back

While Jerry took a group of Tri-State Photography folks to the Newport Aquarium to snap critters, I got ready to go to the 2nd Open Figure Session today - 9 am - 11 am (we had the 5th of July off for the holiday weekend).

Unfortunately, by the time I got ready, I knew I couldn't go and either stand and draw or sit on those hard "horses" and draw - so I stayed home :( If I could find a spot where I could sit and be comfortable, I'd stay there - but so far I haven't found one - grrrrrr...

4 comments:

Nava said...

See, that's when I would turn the TV on (or insert a DVD, if you don't have TiVO), find a scene that speaks to me, pause and - go for it.

It's fun.

Really, It is!

And this way, it may compensate for missing the drawing session. As Monk says, "You'll thank me later". :-)

RH Carpenter said...

LOL! One of my favorites, Monk :) I should have drawn him instead of watching 2 episodes I'd taped earlier - didn't even have a sketchbook or pencil near me - will try to do better next time I'm sitting and vegging out in front of the t.v.

Ann Buckner said...

Hope your back is better today! Did you just relax or did you sketch a bit while resting your back?

RH Carpenter said...

Back is the same - I'm just waiting for Monday to call the doctor to get some good pain pills :) Stretching is NOT a good thing as bending down to pick up anything is when the pain is the worst. I hope this eases in time for my trip - sure don't want a 4-hour airplane flight and then not be able to move when it's time to deplane!