Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Next Step in Poured Painting No. 1 - After Class Monday

And this is what I came home with after class Monday:



There is still more painting to do but it's looking like it should, after much thinking thinking thinking from 10 am - 2:30 pm class (while trying to ignore another migraine, I might add - which isn't easy!)


I might get some painting done today but have our 20th SWAP to get together: making sure I have everyone's address, making sure I know who is going to participate in this SWAP, putting the names in my hat and pulling them out, checking that someone doesn't get the same name they have already gotten in the past, sending out individual emails with partner/mailing information, etc. etc. etc. - whew!!
I also have to run some extra postcards to Ft. Thomas (thanks, Carol and Carl for agreeing to do this), so they can be taken to Evergreen on Thursday for the hanging and those Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society members who did not pick up postcards at the last meeting can still pick up a few when they drop off their paintings. I won't be in the show (can't be at the hanging or the reception due to a short travel trip planned with Jerry's brothers and sisters). But I do hope you check out the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society show that will begin with an artist's reception on Sunday, May 4th from noon - 4 pm. The show runs from May 4 - June 15 so stop by and see the work - you'll be glad you did. It's our annual Colorburst @ Evergreen show and it's always a great day when you can view this many lovely watercolor and watermedia paintings in one gorgeous setting (the Evergreen Retirement Center on Galbraith Road in Cincinnati).

6 comments:

Dawn said...

coming along nicely Rhonda!

Ann Buckner said...

Looking good Rhonda! I like those negative shapes.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Rhonda I want to thank you for giving us such detailed instructions on the 'Stephen Blackburn pouring technique' . Its been great seeing your work developing in this style and inspires me to have a go for backgrounds to my flower paintings. By the way I simply love the clarity of the pears with the cubist background. So sharp, clean and bright.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Dawn, Ann, and Joan :) Do try the pouring technique, Joan, I think you'll like it very much - the colors stay fresh without brushstrokes at all - good for backgrounds.

Deb Léger said...

Wow, Rhonda, love this poured painting! The tree has such character. I can't wait to see the next step.....

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb, you may have to wait until next week :)