Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday, December 6, 2007 - Heron Finished + The Next 3-Paint Challenge



I finished the final touches on the White Heron and pulled my paints for the next 3-paints-only challenge.















This time, the paints I drew are a bit more difficult because they are so similar, with Raw Sienna, Sedona Genuine and Burgandy Red Ochre and using Payne's Gray for the black. So...what to paint using these colors??


I picked another photo Jerry took - this one of a lovely little Highland steer in Scotland - lots of tans, browns and reds so it should work.


2 comments:

Michelle Himes said...

A great finish, Rhonda. I was a little worried that he wasn't going to stand out enough against the background, but you really made him pop in the end.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Michelle :) Sandy said I broke all the rules and it still worked! I love it when that happens and, of course, it was all planned (yeah, right!!)