Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday, December 15, 2007 - Snowed In

Weather today: huge, fluffy snowflakes falling at a rapid rate covered the ground to about 1 1/2 inches. Then a bit of sleet turning to rain and warmer temperatures - rain rain rain until evening when temperatures fall again and rain turns again to sleet and then to snow snow snow! Look out for tomorrow!!
So basically, I'm staying inside and painting or reading or burrowing under the covers.

Georgie is finished - actually, he's overdone :( sorry about that. Hotpress only takes so much and then it's muddy and ugly which this is...I could do it over but...well, maybe I'll try again on rough or coldpress...or maybe I'll just chalk this one up to impatience and not knowing when to quit and move on to
The 4th painting - colors are:
1) Quinacridone Rose
2) Permanent Red Deep and
3) Verditer Blue -
these won't make a good dark, so I'll use Lunar Black mixed with the red and blue to get a mix of darks. From Jerry's photos, I've chosen this pic of a ship in a Welsh harbour. And Jerry suggested this one be done on yupo = good idea!




Myrna Wacknov posted the Friday slide show of works done - my Highland Laddie is there but it's a earlier version so it's not as well done. The one I posted in here in yesterday's blog is the better version.








Today's News:

Korean cats that glow - for better health we're told. Too much ice and snow - causing trees to bow.

Ten more days to go - before Santa starts his show. And news across the globe - of another Presidential veto.

2 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

Very nice result with the tree frog. Enjoy being snow bound!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Suzanne. You are being too kind - I think it's very overworked and dull looking :(