Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday, October 29, 2007 - Back to Painting

I only did 2 small starts of paintings while in the Smokies. One was a roadway scene with the fall foliage beside it but it wasn't right - the road didn't curve correctly (so I won't share it here as it's going in the scrap pile). The second was a large leaf I picked up that came from a tulip tree (the tallest, straightest tree in the forest). It's not finished but the leaf is curled and dry now and actually began that pale bright yellow and browned out over the days.This won't be my SWAP painting as I have something else entirely decided upon for that - if I can pull it off :) and since I don't know if my partner might check out this blog, I won't show it until it's done and received so the secret is kept. I'll be working on that today and tomorrow, as well as finishing up some other projects I left half done (like the Beaumaris castle redo). So until then, here's some more photos...

The water was flowing in a wooden trough to the mill at Cade's Cove. The leaves were covering the ground all over.

No comments: