Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday, September 7, 2007 - Rusty Finished


Rusty done ----- >

Now hear the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, starting her song in the background...

Chain chain chainnnnnnnn
Chain chain chain.

Although you can't see it on this painting, I gessod the paper and then stamped to emboss the gesso, creating even more texture. I read about this technique of stamping into gesso in the latest Watercolor Magic magazine - an artist named Myrna Wacknov did this with portraits. She also works on something called Tygerag paper which creates great textures. Check out her site at http://www.myrnawacknov.com/ to see her work. I might have to suggest working on Tygerag paper in class sometime :)

And while this one was drying, I misketed the whites and pale colors in the morning glories painting (a small one - about 1/8 sheet) so I can go in with lush darks without worrying about losing the whites. Will start painting it next.

No comments: