Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday, May 23 - Tuesday Night Figure Studies




Well, we had our figure study group at the new studio in the Essex in Walnut Hills. Although the photos sent looked great, the room got darker and darker with no lights on your working surface after about 8 pm, 1 hour into the session.

And the long position the model was put in was so awkward and strange I had a hard time working at all and getting anything resembling the female shape.











Yes, the model is actually that thin!

Also, we were to have AC (the temps were 86F yesterday) but with the room closed it didn't feel like there was AC until we left, walked into the hallway where there was plenty of light and cool air flowing. I'm wondering if they are still working on the space and will have better lighting and AC next time - I hope.
Okay, enough whining! It's only a 20 minute drive for me and I'm sure it will get better. I guess I was just disappointed that we had the female model again - who is a real pro and comes up with some truly elegant and lovely poses in the short 10-minute poses she chooses herself - and I felt she wasn't utilized in the best way to show off her grace in the long pose (although if she is thinner next time, I'm going to have to make her eat a sandwich!)

No comments: