Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday, Apr. 27, 2007 - Gator Study Done





Finished the Gator Study painting (on Arches hotpress 140# using granulating colors - it's about 9" x 11"). I will use the textured look of this for the next 1/2 sheet version but still working on the original 1/2 sheet.

I hope you're not too bored and tired of these things. I may be bored and tired of them before I finish the next 1/2 sheet but I've been told that working "in a series" is a good thing for all artists to do - even if they hate it! haha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I want to meet that guy in a dark alley. Good job capturing the look and feel of an alligator. I can nearly smell the swamp water nearby....

Think about the 3 bands above the front foot on the right hand side of the pix. They are probably tails of other gators, but since they are similar to the width of that foot, I find them to be somewhat hard to read. Maybe make less distinction between them??? See you monday.
Sandy

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sandy :) Will bring it to class so you can explain the bands to me - not sure I'm seeing what you want me to see...
Someone told me they look slimey now (in a good way)! haha