Saturday, December 2, 2006

Saturday, December 2, 2006


Working on a pastiche (copy) of a Winslow Homer painting called Over the Stile. It looks simple - but it isn't. Interesting use of washes and drybrush techniques as well as maintaining the whites in the highlight areas. I've done a sketch to help me see this painting better before starting on it - then will paint it today.




The last one I did was a pastiche of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting called Three Shells. I liked the way it turned out even though this original painting wasn't in watercolor but in her usual acrylics, I think. (See Thursday, November 16 posting for that and the original).
I've been to the O'Keeffe museum in New Mexico but hadn't seen this one before although she had many paintings from small watercolors to large acrylics and photos taken of her on the walls. Well worth a visit if you're ever in Santa Fe, NM.

Here are some photos Jerry took at the Balluminaria - hot air balloons tethered around Mirror Lake at Eden Park in Cincinnati. Very pretty - the first one is my favorite because it shows the pink sky as the sun was setting...























No comments: