Sunday, December 3, 2006

Monday, December 4, 2006


In watercolor class today, I used an All Media Art Board to paint this white bird of paradise (from a photo by Carol Holt aka Dabs). I like the granulation you get but you really can't get a clean wash without the granulation because the board resists the paint all the way. You can paint thickly on it, but why would you want to? I may try the "back side" for another painting because my watercolor teacher said it's easier to accept the paint on the back side - it's smoother. You can buy a pack of these (5) at Cheap Joe's (http://www.cheapjoes.com) .
In case you're wondering where the Winslow Homer pastiche/copy is, well I am procrastinating on that one and got some good critique and composition advice from my friend, Ron Ray, so will rework the drawing and rethink this a bit before putting paint to paper.


1 comment:

Shanti Marie said...

Very nice painting. I like your choice of colors! I love flowers and these with their odd shape are beautiful.