Sunday, December 3, 2006

Monday, December 4, 2006


In watercolor class today, I used an All Media Art Board to paint this white bird of paradise (from a photo by Carol Holt aka Dabs). I like the granulation you get but you really can't get a clean wash without the granulation because the board resists the paint all the way. You can paint thickly on it, but why would you want to? I may try the "back side" for another painting because my watercolor teacher said it's easier to accept the paint on the back side - it's smoother. You can buy a pack of these (5) at Cheap Joe's (http://www.cheapjoes.com) .
In case you're wondering where the Winslow Homer pastiche/copy is, well I am procrastinating on that one and got some good critique and composition advice from my friend, Ron Ray, so will rework the drawing and rethink this a bit before putting paint to paper.


2 comments:

Shant said...

Very nice painting. I like your choice of colors! I love flowers and these with their odd shape are beautiful.

Deb Leger said...

Great blog, Rhonda! Love your paintings her and it's great reading your comments as you go. Love Jerry's work, too!

Deb